Here is a recipe :
You don't have to be a vegetarian to wanna try this dish! Its filled with veggies and provides the same comfort as chili with meat.
And if you're on the 21 day fix, one serving equals 1/2 green, 2 yellow.
Calorie wise per serving, you're looking at under 300 calories of deliciousness (216 calories).
There are so many veggies in this chunky vegetarian chili recipe. Black beans and chickpeas were used, but you can substitute any beans you like. Almost any vegetable will taste good in this chili, so if you have extra kale or spinach in the fridge, or you want to try butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes, go for it!
Total Time: 55 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Yield: 6 servings
2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp. chile powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes, undrained
1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce, no sugar added
1 medium zucchini, cubed
6 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add sweet potatoes, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add chile powder, cumin, tomatoes, chickpeas, beans, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
4. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
5. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU TRY IT AND WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!